Make a Casa Dorada Popsicle Photo Frame with Your Kids
Casa Dorada is kiddos’ playground. Whether splashing in the Kids’ Pool, running through Water Jets, building sand castles on the beach or helping release baby turtles back into the sea, the little ones are never bored at our Cabo beachfront resort.
There are scheduled art classes twice a week and our ever-popular Casa Kids is where fun and creativity reign every day of the year. We have recently introduced a new craft project, where kids make photo frames out of popsicle sticks and personalize their masterpieces with a hand print. It’s been so much fun making these frames! Our in-house photographer, Ilse, takes the pictures and voilá: a fantastic souvenir from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!
But if your Cabo visit is still a while away and you’re looking for something fun to keep your kids entertained during a cold winter afternoon at home, the popsicle stick frames are great fun! Here’s how to make them.
- 12 craft sticks or popsicle sticks
- White glue or hot glue gun
- Poster paint
- Paint brush
- Things to decorate your photo frame with: buttons, sequins, felt, craft foam, etc.
Follow these steps:
- Paint each craft stick with the color scheme that you have in mind. You can use a single color for the entire frame or color each craft stick differently for a multi-colored frame.
- When the paint has dried, make a square shape with 4 craft sticks to form the frame. Then, place 8 sticks on top of the square and glue together with white glue or with a hot glue gun.
- Dip your hand in paint and place it flat on the back part of the frame, creating a hand print.
- Decorate the front of your photo frame as you please. You may paint patterns or little designs on it, glue on some sequins, buttons, paper, fabric or felt cut-outs.
- Finally, slip in your favorite photo and ready!
Our little guest, Sam, created her own frame while vacationing at Casa Dorada with her parents last week. Isn’t it a beautiful piece of art?!
Now it’s your turn. Have fun