Casa Dorada Resort
PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY
At Casa Dorada Resorts, we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Casa Dorada Resorts in the course of transacting business with an individual.
The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding Casa Dorada Resorts corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other Casa Dorada Resorts policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. By making a reservation or by using Casa Dorada Resorts services.
2. By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
3. By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
4. By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using Casa Dorada Resorts services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. You may wish to have your purchase of Casa Dorada Resorts' services recognized in a third party's loyalty program with which Casa Dorada Resorts has a relationship. To do so will require you providing us certain verification information such as your membership number in the third party program. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
Casa Dorada Resorts, is a family of management companies that manage hotels for third party owners. Your personal information is shared with the third party owner of the hotel where you intend to stay and those of its employees involved in delivering the service to you to the extent necessary for them to do so and to process the transaction. All hotels that are managed by Casa Dorada Resorts are required agree to abide by the terms of this Privacy Protection Policy.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Casa Dorada Resorts may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Casa Dorada Resorts services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to Casa Dorada Resorts which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com, using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
CASA DORADA RESORTS OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
2. To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
3. To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests' use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
4. To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
5. To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Casa Dorada Resorts, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest - for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with the Casa Dorada Resorts hotel for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
3. Personal information may be shared with other Casa Dorada hotels so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel in the future.
4. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
5. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Casa Dorada Resorts to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
6. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Casa Dorada Resorts to evaluate a customer's credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer's account.
7. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Casa Dorada Resorts it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest's personal information by Casa Dorada Resorts to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. Casa Dorada Resorts will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. Casa Dorada Resorts will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
3. Casa Dorada Resorts will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. Casa Dorada Resorts will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. Casa Dorada Resorts will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.