There is absolutely too much to write about this place, here is what we loved about Casa Dorada:
1. The location is GREAT! Turn left when you leave the lobby and keep walking left. Eventually you will get to a "Y" intersection ... keep going left. Once you are half-way down the hill, turn right and you will be right beside the mall/shopping and restaurants of the marina. Superb location - maybe a 10 minute saunter?
2. The view is stunning!
3. The beach is really great and fine to swim in - tough to find in this part of Mexico.
4. The pool - loved the multi levels, loved the temperature (much more comfortable than the cold ocean). We didn't get to the pool bar, but I think we would have loved it.
5. Attentive poolside staff, but not overbearing. They knew when to bug you and when to not.
6. Great lounge area on the beach - and the vendors are NOT PUSHY! I loved it! They would ask (ask they should as they are in sales), but all you have to say is "No gracias" and they leave. It was a splendid change from other areas of Mexico.
7. The drinks were really yummy, as was the one meal we had there.
8. While the wifi there is awfully overpriced, walk to the coffee bar in the hotel across the street, or even to the Marina, or walk all the way down to the Cabo Bakery ... all give free wifi, as do many other places all within walking distance of Casa Dorada.
9. Speaking of the Cabo Bakery - this is a great location for that (I will write another review) and a must visit while staying in Cabo.
10. The firepits! I absolutely hate smelling like campfire, but these are natural gas (I think) so no smell!!! They are surrounded by a relaxing seating area with a stunning view of the ocean. Spend a couple evenings here with a glass of wine (or your fave beverage) - there's nothing like it.
11. There are many places to relax in this resort ... hammocks ... loungers .... large private balconies .... loved it all. Spend an evening reading a book while lazing in the hammock with one of the best views you'll ever have.
12. The room staff were great - clean up, turn down ... loved being spoiled and having a clean room all the time. They even washed our dishes! We were going to do them later ... but they did them for us! What a treat.
13. This is more of a tip - but get up around 6:30AM or so one morning and make sure to take time to watch all of the fishing boats heading out. It's really a beautiful site.
Well ... I'm not sure how quick that was ... but those are my favourite things of Casa Dorada. I'd go back ... in a heart beat ... just be prepared for the pushy timeshare people. We even tried to plan our escapes from the resort without having to go through the front doors! haha