Environmental Sanitation Tax information
The municipality of Los Cabos government is implementing the Environmental Sanitation Tax
. This is a new tax that will be dedicated to the betterment of the local community.
- September 8th, 2022 – All travelers from this date on will be required to pay the daily tax.
- Who is subject to the tax? All travelers visiting a business unit that invoices for lodging services in Los Cabos.
- How much is the tax? $33.68 Mexican Pesos per room per night (~$1.70 USD depending on the exchange rate) regardless of the occupancy.
- How will the tax be collected? The tax will be collected by hotels, timeshares, and lodging facilities across the destinations. Travelers will be able to see the tax charge in their hotel bill at check-in or check-out.
- What is the purpose of the tax? The new tax will support government investment in environmental infrastructure, sustainability practices, and safety and security.